Dr. Rod Rohrich is a professor and chairman at the Department of Plastic Surgery at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. He performed and taught plastic surgery in Third World countries, including reconstructing severely burned and inheritable deformed children. He is also a founding member of the Dallas for Children Foundation. The foundation deals with early childhood development programs for underprivileged children.
He received his medical degree from Baylor University College of Medicine with honors. He did his residencies at the University of Michigan Medical Center. Trained in pediatric plastic surgery at Oxford University in England. Has a hand and microvascular fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital at Harvard Medical School in Boston.
Dr. Rohrich also performs face lifts, nose surgery, neck and brow lifts, Botox, breast augmentation, liposuction, and much more. He also seems to be an humanitarian by organizing the East Dallas Mobile Health Unit for immunizations for homeless and underprivileged children. Through his foundation, the Rod J. Rohrich, M.D. Foundation, he supports a medical student each year from his home state of North Dakota.
Believe it or not, his feats do not end there. ‘The best’ is among:
- The Best Doctors in Dallas – 1996 – 2013
- The Best Doctors in America – 1998 – 2013 and
- The Texas Super Doctor in 2005 – 2013
Adding to his achievements, Dr. Rod Rohrich is Editor-in-Chief of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and Editor for Selected Readings in Plastic Surgery. Both are well respected journals in plastic surgery. Other accomplishments and honors include:
- Association of Academic Chairmen of Plastic Surgery – President
- Rhinoplasty Society in Dallas – Founding Member
- Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation – Board of Directors
- Plastic Surgery Endowment for Plastic Surgery – Founding Member/Board of Governors
- American Board of Plastic Surgery – Board of Directors
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons – President
Dr. Rod Rohrich is a very accomplished cosmetic surgeon. He continues to be an educational leader and innovator. This equals being ‘the best’.